Ribbons

I'm all for it when it comes to cancer back upward groups in addition to advocacy.  Indeed, such back upward groups accept helped many people in addition to accept advanced the progress of research.  But I acknowledge to existence highly influenced when it comes to ribbons past times my belatedly friend Monique Doyle Spencer, who was greatly bothered past times the pinkish ribbon displace surrounding her illness (breast cancer).  She felt that it had been commercialized to an extreme, specially past times the Komen Foundation, allowing companies to net turn a profit past times their association alongside it in addition to their job of the logo.

Beyond that, she only had an interesting in addition to thoughtful approach to the disease. As I noted presently afterward she died:

Monique signed her comments on this weblog alongside the moniker "NASOV."  When I asked her what it meant, she said, "Neither a survivor nor victim."  She continued, "I accept this disease, in addition to I am going to grapple it, but I am non a survivor or victim.  I only accept a disease.  There are lots of people who are going through worse."

While I tin run across how differentiated logos tin human activity equally a form of measure for people alongside a specific type of cancer, I likewise worry that the spread of these multi-colored ribbons mightiness genuinely undermine the effectiveness of private groups inward garnering back upward from the populace equally a whole.  Can nosotros genuinely await the populace to differentiate the type of cancer past times whether the ribbon is burgundy or teal? (And past times the way, the ribbons become well beyond cancer.)

On the other hand, perhaps that's non the purpose.  Maybe it's designed to only post a placidity dot to mortal else touched past times your illness that they accept mortal else they tin beak to.

I'd live on rattling interested inward your thoughts nearly this topic.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel