Soccer Haiku

By Kris Mukai inwards The New Yorker
For the soccer moms in addition to dads out there.  Some delightful poems published inwards The New Yorker, in addition to written past times Sam Cohen, at the University of Missouri.  They are inspired past times conversations he overheard at his children’s soccer games in addition to practices.

Indoor Field, Jan 31, 2015, or, Song of the Parents

SHOOT IT, OWEN, SHOOT IT
GO GO GO
QUIT PLAYING WITH YOUR SOCKS, ZACH
THAT’S YOURS THAT’S YOURS
UH OH
GET TO THE MIDDLE, SOPHIA
PAY ATTENTION
GIT information technology GIT information technology GIT IT
OH

Field 3, March 18, 2015, or, The Mouths of Babes

Aidan
Aidan
I’m open
I’m broad open
Hey

You can’t shoot it every time
You’re similar a mile from the goal
I’m all past times myself inwards the middle there

At to the lowest degree give in addition to go
Wall pass
Triangle pass
Pass to me
I’ll top it back
I swear

Field 12, March 18, 2015, or, The Mouths of Babes II 

Whose human was that
I can’t comprehend everybody
I’m only i kid

Practice Field, Apr 16, 2015, or, Pelé’s Sister

You telephone telephone that a settle
Settle the ball, Blake
Right inwards front end of you

We don’t kicking similar that, Blake
Blake, nosotros don’t kicking amongst our toes, create we
Blake, no toe bombs

Nice cross, Grace
Gracie, agency to hustle
Blake, spotter Grace

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel