Facebook: Killing The Goose?

None of us who travel Facebook are as well as therefore naive every bit to mean value that it is a complimentary service.  The "cost" of playing is that they travel all of the information you lot postal service to straight off advertisements your way.  It is but how these applications on the Internet are monetized.

But many friends as well as I lead maintain noticed a dramatic upswing inwards the lay out of sponsored items on our word feeds, frequently showing upwards with the message that i or to a greater extent than or less other of friends has "liked" the link.  In the past, in that place would lead maintain been a few of these, but at nowadays they come upwards inwards a ratio of 1:10 or 1:20 alongside the feeds on your page.  Here are 3 examples of what they expect like.  (I've omitted the accompanying pictures.)




I searched the spider web to come across if this upswing inwards such ads is a novel deal, but industrial plant life nothing.  But I did honor this "helpful" proposition on the Facebook "Help Community" from a few months ago:

Alison asked:

How create I halt the bombardment of advertising posts on my newsfeed - almost all totally irrelevant to me, as well as to a greater extent than or less against all my principles.

Hailey provided this non-answer:

Alison replied:

I know all nearly the options non to come across ads from detail advertisers, but the bombardment I lead maintain been getting late is beyond belief. And opting out of each on individually takes fourth dimension which I don't lead maintain to spare. I desire to hold upwards able to opt out of ALL ads as well as sponsored links. I'd never follow them anyway - I lead maintain discussion of oral cavity as well as recommendations from friends every bit the best advertising, non people who demand to pay to advertise.

There was no response. 

So nosotros know that nosotros tin delete the ads nosotros don't like, but who wants to pass the fourth dimension doing that every bit you lot scroll through looking for word from your friends?  As my buddy Lyette noted: "I've already industrial plant life myself checking less often, because I know they don't fifty-fifty exhibit me one-half of my friends' updates."

So, what create you lot think?  Is Facebook over-reaching now?  Will it alter your viewing habits?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel