Still Using Horses Too Buggies

I of late had to reschedule a routine examine amongst my hospital-based master copy attention medico too then decided to usage the supposed rescheduling functionality on the patient portal to acquit out this task. 

The appointment was scheduled for September 23, too I sent inwards a cancellation asking on September 14, along amongst a authorities notation suggesting possible substitute dates 2 weeks hence.

There was no reply.  I afterward learned that the message was non opened until Oct 15.

Message Date/Time: 10/15/2014 11:23 AM Subject: We are working on your request

We convey received your request. We are working on it.

A infinitesimal later, a instant respond came back:

Sorry taking then long to acquire dorsum to you lot but your appt is on Tuesday 1/27/15 at 10:40am.

I replied that I would last out of town on that date, adding:

Instead of only choosing a date, why don't you lot offering about possible openings, too I'll permit you lot know which would work?

The reply:

The argue why I couldn't only offering about possible openings is because appts acquire real fast. You tin pick which days too times plant best for you lot too nosotros volition essay our best to jibe you lot inwards on those slots. Pls electronic mail me dorsum too permit me know what plant for you lot too I volition schedule it.

By this point, I knew things would last hopeless if nosotros continued writing each other:

Why don't I telephone telephone then nosotros don't acquire dorsum too forth on email?

Now, compare that amongst my sense setting upwardly a routine examine for my Subaru.  I acquire to the website too a total calendar for several months is presented, showing where at that spot are openings for my item sort of appointment.


I tin fifty-fifty state them if I desire to expression for the piece of occupation to last done, borrow a car, or acquire a ride somewhere.  I flip through the calendar, brand my choice, too a confirmation arrives instantaneously--along amongst a push to force if I demand to brand a change.


I know at that spot are subtleties that sometimes require personal attending when making medical appointments, but many appointments require no human intervention from the doctor's office.  It is frustrating to intend that it is easier for me to schedule a routine auto service termination than a routine physical exam.  It is likewise a waste matter of human resources inwards a cost-constrained wellness attention environment.  For all I know, my medico was left amongst an unfilled appointment dorsum inwards September.  Perhaps about other patient amongst an urgent demand could convey seen the medico during that block of time.  It makes me intend that about hospitals convey a long agency to acquire earlier they move out of the Equus caballus too buggy era.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel